was founded in 1998 as a crisis management consultancy. It supports organisations through the most intense of business crises, especially those involving threat to and loss of life. Through these experiences docleaf
became curious as to what sets apart leaders who have led successfully. It is from working alongside these people that docleaf
developed a specialism and expertise in leadership development.
docleaf leadership specialises in:
- Change management programmes where complexity and diversity are core issues.
- Assessment and development of individuals and teams using psychometric tools and 360’s.
- Coaching for CEOs, their direct reports and their leadership teams.
- Crisis Mentoring with over 20 years of corporate crisis management experience, docleaf is well placed to support organisations through the most intense of crises.
- Certified in the use of the Human Synergistics psychometric profiling and high performance team development.
- Certified in the use of Barrett Values Centre tools for measuring both organisational culture and individual culture and values.
docleaf leadership follows the Five Dimensions of Leadership (5DL) model:
- 1DL The ability to self reflect – self-awareness.
- 2DL Awareness of one’s impact on others, understanding their difference and their group dynamics.
- 3DL The ability to consistently see the whole picture and the dynamics between the ‘part and the whole’. The art of ‘thinking systemically’ and understanding system forces.
- 4DL Individual freedom (free will) to both make clear decisions and then to drive delivery in the face of resistance “to be blown in the wind, to bend but to stand firm”.
- 5DL The ability to ask for appropriate help and support – internally and externally to the organization.
These 5 personal dimensions characterise ‘outstanding leaders’ .
These ‘best leaders’ consistently reflect these dimensions time and time again. When these 5 underlying human dimensions are developed to significant levels and when they come together in an individual, then remarkable and great human leadership can take place. The key is when they come together. (Evans, Roger. 2016 from a 10-year study).
If a leader has all 5DLs at a significant level, plus good organisational knowledge and management skills they will consistently:
- Build organisations that are sustainable, responsible, honest and transparent
- Deliver organisation strategy and goals repeatedly
- Build confidence and wake up tired organisations, divisions, teams and individuals
- Develop talent and build new leaders at all levels quickly and consistently
- Deliver change appropriately.